Founded in 1905 and still under the ownership of the original family, the Company has evolved from Border Textiles & Engineering Supplies Co. situated in the Scottish Border town of Galashiels, into Border Textiles (UK) Ltd. when an office was set up in Yorkshire in the mid-70's and more recently into Border Technologies Ltd. to reflect our increasing involvement in non-core textiles activities such as Composites & Recycling.

The company's traditional business was the supply of machinery and accessories to all sectors of the textile industry, in recent years we have increased our portfolio to include supply to industries as diverse as medical products to aircraft components!

As the European textile industry has become ever more technically sophisticated in an increasingly competitive market place, this change of direction is not at the expense of the traditional business, but is in fact complementary to it.